Release notes for
"Belchica Strikes Back"
The Flumotion team is happy to announce
a new release of the
stable 0.4 branch
of the Flumotion Streaming Server.
Flumotion is a streaming server for GNU/Linux
systems featuring an easy to use configuration and administration GUI.
Implemented using GStreamer as the processing backend and using python and
Twisted for the high-level operations and GUI, it combines a wide feature set
with ease of use.
Features of this release
- Full support for running under Python 2.5
- The GTK admin can now start a manager and worker for you automatically
- Messages now have timestamps to allow better diagnosis of failures
- Improvements for service scripts to allow better recovery from failure states
- With sufficiently recent GStreamer, components now provide much more information about errors in the data stream
- Error resilience is drastically improved compared to older versions
Bugs fixed in this release
: fix flumotion's configure.ac to use runtime tests, not pkg-config
: when master clock provider goes sad, starting it again compains about not able to reserve ports
: theora encoder reporting bogus info about bitrate even though manager config has it in correct units
: Rewrite daemonisation and shutdown code some more
: FeedComponent, HTTP streamer are not threadsafe
: clean up the worker's error handling
: The manager don't close the connection of a worker if its name is already used
: add timestamps to messages
: GStreamer errors can cause the manager to have inconsistent state
: default admin pages not working
: Admin failed to load UI bundle after update to feisty (Python 2.5?)
You can find source releases of flumotion in the
flumotion download directory.
More details can be found on the project's website,
Support and Issues
We use an issue tracker for
bug reports and feature requests.
browse the flumotion git repository from our tracker.
The development version can be obtained from our git repository:
git clone git://code.flumotion.com/flumotion.git
Contributors to this release
- Andy Wingo
- Michael Smith
- Sebastien Merle
- Thomas Vander Stichele
- Zaheer Merali